How To Deal With Scalp Eczema At Home
Scalp eczema is a symptom associated with sebaceous dermatitis. It looks like dandruff, but it’s far more complicated than that. Fortunately, you can deal with scalp eczema even from home. If you have scalp psoriasis or just plain old dandruff, you can still use the following home treatments!
Blue Lagoon Minerals
Have you ever heard of the Blue Lagoon? It’s a natural geothermal spa found at Iceland. Blue Lagoon is said to heal psoriasis and other skin conditions like eczema. A clinic was even set up at the Blue Lagoon Resort just to cater to guests with psoriasis and eczema!
However, the chances of heading all the way to Iceland just to go to the Blue Lagoon is probably slim for you. Fortunately, the resort does export Blue Lagoon products which contain minerals from the lagoon itself. You can use one for your scalp while at home and your scalp eczema should be gone with regular use.
Dead Sea Salt
The Dead Sea is another body of water that’s said to treat scalp eczema. Unlike the Blue Lagoon which contains a variety of minerals, the Dead Sea purely relies on its salt to treat eczema. And since it’s just as impossible to visit the Dead Sea as it were with the Blue Lagoon, you can purchase Dead Sea salt.
Once you’ve gotten hold of Dead Sea salt, dilute it in water and use the solution to wash your hair and scalp.
A cheaper alternative to Dead Sea Salt is Epsom salt. It can also treat scalp eczema from home. You use it in the same way you would use Dead Sea salt. Simply dilute it in water and use the salt solution to wash your scalp and hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is also a great home treatment for scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, and even dandruff. But because it’s too acidic, you can dilute it in equal parts of water before using it to wash your scalp. In order to treat scalp eczema with it, remember to leave it on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
Head & Shoulders
Okay, this is the only product I recommend for scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, or dandruff. Head & Shoulders treats dandruff. But with scalp eczema or scalp psoriasis, it only relieves itchy scalp.
NOTE: Blue Lagoon Minerals, Epsom Salt, Dead Sea Salt, and Apple Cider Vinegar are able to treat scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, and dandruff because they have antiseptic properties which get rid of any fungi proliferating on the scalp. The proliferation of fungi on the scalp has been linked to these three scalp problems. Also, these home treatments have exfoliating properties which means that they can get rid of scalp flaking associated with scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis, and dandruff.
- illuminatibeing likes this
- rebekah-genice likes this
- missnatis likes this
- everydaydoseofbeauty reblogged this from myeczemacures
- miss-momo-tan likes this
- rabbitholeescapist likes this
- attack-on-sora likes this
- pug-pride likes this
- 8luh-man-group likes this
- oldlittleboy reblogged this from myeczemacures
- suzzzzzi likes this
- wearelikebutterflies likes this
- kookjong likes this
- nadzicle likes this
- doniasworld likes this
- lunar-droplets likes this
- extremelyboredasian likes this
- doesnest reblogged this from theojoiegrise and added:
- theojoiegrise reblogged this from myeczemacures and added:
- mbroot likes this
- carodiamondis likes this
- skeletondesign reblogged this from myeczemacures
- kstearb likes this
- lifesergic-mithra reblogged this from myeczemacures
- lifesergic-mithra likes this
- lightyagaymi reblogged this from myeczemacures and added:
- tinynaiad likes this
- kyrianne likes this
- dreaming-slim likes this
- nawtniice likes this
- dortheauo90 likes this
- bartholomew784 likes this
- murrrrr likes this
- affairuntru likes this
- jugoso likes this
- infinitychels likes this
- manicmichi likes this
- suvicki reblogged this from myeczemacures
- anomally reblogged this from myeczemacures and added:
- myeczemacures posted this